Dear Fields Institute Community:
Each year, up to 25 students are selected out of hundreds of applicants from mathematics-related disciplines to participate in the Fields Undergraduate Summer Research Program (FUSRP).
The Fields Institute invites you to benefit from its 2017 FUSRP by submitting your research project for consideration and potentially receiving a group of top-ranked students to help with your research in the summer of 2017.
This competitive initiative matches a group of up to five excellent students with faculty from Fields Principal Sponsoring/Affiliate Universities, visiting scientists, or researchers in industry for a nine-week research project in July and August.
- Motivated students with excellent academic grades, often with previous research experience.
- The possibility to train and “test” a student for a subsequent Masters/PhD project.
- Funds from the Fields Institute to cover:
- students’ living and travel expenses, as appropriate.
- supervisors’ travel expenses to and from Fields.
- Logistical and infrastructure support from Fields.
Please follow this link to learn more about the FUSRP and what the program can offer your research experience.
Now: Identify a research project that is suitable for undergraduate students.
By December 31, 2016: Summarize your project in 400 words (approximately half a page) and submit it to Fields using this brief form. Details are found within the form.
Please direct any questions about the FUSRP or the application process to the Manager of Scientific Programs, Esther Berzunza. She may be reached at 416-348-9710, ext. 2014 or at eberzunz.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Huaxiong Huang, Deputy Director
The Fields Institute
222 College Street, 2nd Floor
Toronto ON Canada M5T 3J1
Phone 416 348 9710 ext. 3020
Fax 416 348 9714