the Conversations among Colleagues (CaC) 2015 conference will be held on Saturday, March 21, 2015 at Wayne State University. The theme is Supporting Teachers Mathematically and Pedagogically. James Hiebert, University of Delaware and Hyman Bass, University of Michigan, will join the conversation and provide keynote talks. The call for proposals that focus on current research or teaching related to the mathematics and pedagogy teachers need to teach productively is available at http://coe.wayne.edu/ted/math/cac.php. Proposals must be submitted by December 2, 2014.
Looking forward to your proposals and seeing you in Detroit in March.
S. Asli Ozgun-Koca and Sally Roberts (Co-chairs)
Essays in Honor of Harvey M. Friedman
Edited by Neil Tennant
- Neil Tennant: Foundational Adventures: Editorial
- Albert Visser: Why the Theory R is Special
- Andreas Weierman and Martijn Baartse: Finding the Phase Transition for Friedman’s Long Finite Sequences
- Bruce W. Weide: Software Verification with Towers of Abstraction
- Christian Tapp: Absolute Infinity–A Bridge Between Mathematics and Theology?
- Grigori Mints: Analytic Cut in Modal Logic: The System B
- Jeffry L. Hirst: Disguising Induction: Proofs of the Pigeonhole Principle for Trees
- John P. Burgess: Friedman and the Aximonatization of Kripe’s Theory of Truth
- Kevin Scharp: Xeno Semantics for Ascending and Descending Truth
- Martin Davis: Pragmatic Platonism
- Michael Rathjen: w-Models and Well-Ordering Principles
- Reed Solomon: Ordering Free Products in Reverse Mathematics
- Samuel R. Buss: Towards NP-P via Proof Complexity and Search
- Sy-David Friedman: Equivalence Relations in Set Theory, Computation Theory, Model Theory, and Complexity Theory
- V. W. Marek and J. B. Remmel: An Application of Proof-Theory in Answer Set Programming
Upcoming Conference at St. Andrew’s University: